We are currently searching for an organised, confident and articulate individual with proven experience as a Senior Access Officer. Our client is a prestigious University in London. The university takes pride in providing excellent service to their students and society.
The post holder is responsible for developing and managing sustained engagement programmes for highly able Key Stage 3 and 4 students, as part of the University’s widening participation and undergraduate recruitment work. These include the university’s programme for GCSE students, the programme for Year 8 and 9 students, and other projects and initiatives as required.
The post holder will also contribute to other supervisory arrangements
- Responsible for the line-management of one full-time Access Officer. They also direct freelance staff, student staff and volunteers working on widening participation programmes.
- Management of the University programme, which comprises an annual Saturday school for 100 Year 10 students, a debating summer school for 70 Year 10 students, and a five week autumn Saturday programme for 100 Year 11 students.
- Supporting the development and delivery of other programmes and events for primary and secondary school students, such as school visits, master-classes and parents evenings.
- Effective line-management of staff, providing feedback and guidance on programme delivery.
- Recruiting, training and managing students to work on widening participation programmes as classroom assistants, mentors or group leaders.
- Liaising with primary and secondary schools to recruit participants for widening participation programmes
- Collating and analysing data and writing evaluation reports.
- Writing clear and concise information materials about higher education for prospective students.
- Management of budgets for widening participation projects.
- Representation of the University at higher education fairs, open days and giving presentations at schools and college
As an individual, the right candidate should enjoy the opportunity to become an important member of a very successful Higher Education organisation. Suitable candidates will express clear and effective verbal communication with the ability to communicate information in a variety of written formats, to high standards of accuracy and clarity. Strong information technology skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office software is vital as well as the ability to pay meticulous attention to detail and managing workload and prioritising work effectively.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.